Wednesday, October 21, 2009

JR out for the time being

Jim Ross was absent from Smackdown last week because he took one of his days off, but this week he will be out because he suffered his third Bells Palsy attack Monday night during a flight from Oklahoma City to Atlanta.

At first, after getting the medication he needed to slow the paralysis effect, he thought he could go on for the Tuesday night taping, but it was determined an hour later he should not risk his health. He saw his neurologist today and was diagnosed with full-blown Bells palsy. He will have an MRI on Friday to determine if any damage was done to his brain.

In his blog, JR wrote, "It is on the right side of my face and has adversely affected my vision in my right eye more than previous bouts... my face has drooped some on the right side making me not TV friendly."

However, JR believes this not the end of his career.

"My face may be sagging, my right eye may be not so good, my tongue is numb, my head aches and my right ear is sensitive to sharp noises but my heart and my soul are stout and my desire to get back in the game has never been stronger."

JR's first attack was in January 1994 and his second was in 1998. We certainly all wish JR gets well soon.

To read JR's blog, visit JR's Bar-B-Q.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home