Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WrestleMania in Jersey: The Dance and the Pre-Show

It was bound to happen.

Chris Jericho impressed us on Dancing with the Stars in 2011. The newest season is now airing opposite Raw and Jericho is back. What better way to get those crossover fans to stay on Raw than to introduce a heel dancer wrestler to irritate Jericho?

Unfortunately, their big match will be at WrestleMania. Fandango will have his debut match on the grandest stage. He better be worth the wait.

I am happy Jericho will get to perform at WrestleMania, but I would rather he be in a match involving a celebrity-- perhaps Hines Ward, who won that season of Dancing with the Stars-- than an NXT champion with a new gimmick.

Don't get me wrong-- it's great WWE is putting so much faith in its future stars, but I would also like to see, oh, the Intercontinental Champion and the US Champion get a match at WrestleMania before someone who hasn't had a televised match in maybe a year. (I really cannot remember, which isn't exactly a good thing for this guy.)

In fact, the Intercontinental Championship match will be the "Interactive Pre-Show Match." This means, folks, you'll only get to see it if you log on to your computer or download the app. (If you don't know how to download the app, ask Michael Cole...)

Wade Barrett just doesn't do anything for me as a character. I don't see anything special that makes him stand out. The Miz, on the other hand, shows me every night that he is unique and that he is doing what he can to be better.

Their wrestling styles could make this an interesting match to watch. However, 6 p.m. is usually when I'm getting my dinner, snacks and chat together for the main show...

The Miz has had great success with Ric Flair's coaching, and I expect it to help him win the belt. I think The Miz is what the Intercontinental Championship needs to get back on the main show.

The match will air at 6 p.m. on WWE.com, facebook.com/wwe, youtube.com/wwe and on the WWE app.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home