Friday, September 2, 2011

CM Punk is coming to Trenton, like it or not

CM Punk is coming to Trenton on Saturday night, where he is scheduled to wrestle against John Cena and Alberto Del Rio.

To read The Trentonian’s interview with CM Punk, click here.

At Night of Champions, he is facing Triple H, and Kevin Nash has been his chief antagonist lately, so the line is starting to get long for people who want to whoop Punk in the ring.

But Punk is particularly ticked at Nash, as evidenced by his Twitter profile, which says he is “angry with OZ,” referring to one of Nash’s prior nicknames.

“I want to show everyone how high I can kick,” Punk said referring to facing off with the 7-foot Nash at some point. "I really just want to kick him in his weird head.”

“I’m not going to believe Triple H when he says that he didn’t tell Nash to attack me. Something’s going on and I’m going to get to the bottom of it. I want to punch someone in the face, and Kevin Nash is No. 1 on my list, but I’ve got to deal with Triple H first.”



* * *

Punk said he is thrilled to have “Cult of Personality” as his new theme song.

“It’s a kick ass song. I used it in the indies and I think entrance music is a big part of what we do,” he said. “When you come into WWE at an entry level, you don’t command the right to have the company pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for the rights to a song. I’m just glad I can use it again because it’s just iconic.”

Getting WWE to fork over the cash for the rights to the song was just one of the perks Punk was after when he returned to WWE with a new contract. He had complained he was not pictured on programs or lunch boxes, and that he did not have a cool T-shirt to sell.

Those things have obviously been rectified, and now he is headed into a match with The Game.

“It’s going to be a lot of fun, I’ll tell you that.”

* * *
Punk said he does not pattern his career after anyone, per se, but he has prided himself on hard work and proving he belongs with the elite wrestlers in the world.

Now that he has escaped awkward bookings and failed stables like the New Nexus and the Straight-Edge Society, he fans are starting to realize it, too.

“When you’re on TV for six years, the people form a connection with you. Even if they’re supposed to boo you, they start respecting you because of that connection.

You look at a guy like Stone Cold who just worked so hard for years, and the people recognized that,” he said.

The fans have certainly taken to the new CM Punk, much like they took to Steve Austin, The Rock, Goldberg and other guys who changed the game.

Luckily, the fans of Trenton get to see him up close and personal this Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home