Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rosita's inspiration lost, but never forgotten

It is a rough weekend for TNA Knockout Rosita, aka Thea Trinidad.

She is one of the many children who lost their father on Sept. 11, 2001.

Her father, Michael Angel Trinidad, was on the 103rd floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center when it collapsed. He called to say goodbye, but even though 10-year-old Thea was home, the line cut off before she could bring herself to speak.

In the NBC special "Children of 9/11," Thea explained her father was her inspiration for getting into the wrestling business, and feels his presence in the crowd every time she wrestles. The special was filmed before her TNA try-out.

Children of 9/11 clip:

With the No Surrender PPV tonight, Rosita is in Orlando, Fla., listening to the names and watching her brother, Tim Trinidad, at the ceremony on television.

"Good morning everyone, first off thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers," Rosita (@RositaTNA) tweeted this morning. "As sit here in an empty apt watching the ceremony I think about that day, something that has been engraved in my mind since I was 10 years old and I cry. I miss you Daddy. you are my strength and my never ending inspiration. I love you. ... Rest in peace Daddy, please continue to be my guardian angel along with Papa & Joey."

Rosita thanks fans for their support on Monday:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home