Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wrestlemania Preview 1

Well, I'm back from my spring break in sunny, warm Florida and feel much colder than I remembered being in New Jersey. Anyway, since we are less than two weeks away from Wrestlemania 25 (and a few days aways from John Cena's new movie, which the WWE is almost promoting harder right now) I will start giving you my previews of the matches.

First off, Rey Mysterio v. JBL for the Intercontinental Championship. If this is not the opening match, it will be my bathroom/food and drink refill time. In recent years, JBL has made every Wrestlemania match he's participated in boring. Just ask John Cena, who won the WWE Championship for the first time against him in a forgettable match. I pick Rey Mysterio to win because he's the face.

Now, because that was so short, here's a special second preview- The 25-Diva Battle Royal. Current and past Divas will be in this match. The graphic displayed 19 Divas last week and only 17 Divas this week.

Who was missing? Candice Michelle and Gail Kim were both in the graphic last week and not in it this week. Is this because they won't be there? I don't know. This means there are at least 6 spots for former ladies of the ring and up to 8 spots.

Who do I think will fill those spots? Because they have come back before, I say Trish Stratus, Lita and Mae Young will be there. I would like to also see Stacy Keibler, Sunny and Victoria. Others I'd like to see, but I don't know how possible it we will see them are Rockin' Robin and Chyna (I'd love to see her face to face with Beth Phoenix, even though I think Joanie slimmed down a little...). (It's reported Sable is pregnant, so I don't think she's medically cleared to be considered.)

Who will win? My bet is on Mae Young. We love the 86-year-old, and she was "Miss Royal Rumble 2000," so why not add "Miss Wrestlemania to her list of accomplishments. After all, some of us watch between matches just to see if Mae is there backstage up to her antics, so I think the title is fitting. Who is she throwing over the top rope (or just out of the ring, as these Diva Battle Royals sometimes end up having as the rule)? I say she's left with a face Diva at the end, like Mickie James or Melina, and she takes herself out to give the title to Mae.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home