Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wrestlemania Preview 3

The finale to Raw last night was awesome, even though I was kicking myself for not writing here earlier that I believed Shane and Vince were going to assist Triple H in some way against Orton. Of course, I thought it would be a Wrestlemania surprise, which is why I was planning to wait until I posted my preview of that match either Friday or Saturday. Oh well.

At least I got one prediction in, and way ahead of time! Go back to December in my archives and you will see that I thought way back then that Matt was the attacking Jeff. When I checked, I saw I did not write then that I thought it would be Wrestlemania match, but that is what I thought we were leading up to...

So, Hardy v. Hardy... Extreme Rules Match... All I can say is THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME MATCH! I mean, the Hardy Boyz were Team Xtreme. Even though Matt, older by three years, is cartoonish as a villain, when the boys get in the ring, all hell is going to break loose, and we are going to forget how bad their video promos were.

My only concern is that this match will have a lame ending in which no one is declared winner because they make up before the end of the match. I almost think that if there is a winner, it would have to be Matt, so that perhaps there is a conclusion- he's finally gotten the physical advantage over his little brother-, because usually Wrestlemania is the conclusion to storylines. Right? Maybe we do need the lame ending... only after each are beaten to a pulp.

The Hardys are known for their wild stunts in ladder matches, and hopefully there will be some ladders left over for them from the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. In case you have been sleeping in a dark cave with Bret Hart in Canada for the past four years, The Money in the Bank Match gives the winner (who must be the first to climb a ladder to reach a suitcase suspended above the ring) the opportunity to face any World Title holder at any time in the next year.

The eight contenders are Christian, CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry, Finlay, Kane, MVP and Kofi Kingston. I think Shelton Benjamin will have the most impressive and memorable performance in this match, and perhaps he will win, but I just think he will be the distraction. There are only three men who I really think one of which will win- Christian, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston.

Kofi is my least likely of the three to win, but I think he could be the surprise choice to get a push over the next year. CM Punk could win because, as I said in a previous post, they didn't give JBL the Intercontinental Championship for nothing. And Christian, well, is sneaky enough to take advantage of situations and because he didn't come back to the WWE for nothing. Christian showed in TNA he could be a main event wrestler, and he has to be promised that opportunity in the WWE for him to be here. (Jeff Hardy came back from TNA three years ago and since was given a several title shots and eventually won the WWE Championship last year.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home